“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realise how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas A Edison
Here are some qualities that lead to perseverance when faced with adversity…
- Finding meaning: Resilient individuals trust there’s a gift, lesson or opportunity in every challenging situation.
- Being vulnerable, connecting and asking for help: Be willing to share your struggles with those you trust.
- Having a supportive and encouraging relationship with oneself in response to disappointment and failure allows us to bounce back more easily.
- The ability to surrender and trust in the face of uncertainty: Believing everything is in our control is very stressful.
- A sense of humour: Studies show it is a form of emotion regulation and coping.
- The ability to have equanimity: mental calmness, composure, and evenness of temper, especially in a difficult situation.
- Cultivating perspective and gratitude for what you have.
For FREE advice or support:
– Get telephone or Skype counselling from OUT (book now on 012 430 3272 / 066 190 5812)