• Don’t react, rather distract. Focus on something other than the brewing frustration.
• Reconnect with what put you in the situation. It is easier to deal with discomfort when you know it is for a good reason.
• Shift your perspectives. Find something good or interesting in the situation.
• Focus on what you can control.
• Learn to breathe deeply and slowly.
• Practice by making yourself wait.
• Practice gratitude.
• Find a ‘slow’ hobby (eg knitting, gardening, walking).
If you need advice or support:
– Ask Dr Dick your questions here
– Get FREE face-to-face counselling at the TEN81 Centre in Pretoria (Book now on 066 190 5812)
– or get FREE telephonic counselling nationwide (066 190 5812)