- Onset is gradual;
- General Malaise (general tiredness);
- Weight loss;
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Slight fever;
- Abdominal discomfort;
- Jaundice set in on 5th day (yellow skin tone);
- Dark urine and grey stools.
Development takes approximately 1-7 weeks. Can cause permanent liver damage, liver cancer and even death
Hepatitis A is spread through exposure to contaminated feaces, by digesting foods and liquids that are contaminated.
- Bed rest and low-fat diet, treated symptomatically.
- It is a virus, and so can’t be treated with antibiotics.