“No one is you; and that is your power” – Dave Grohl
As we enter Pride season, this month OUT's TEN81 Centre looks at being proud of who you are.
Here are some tips on how to celebrate being ‘you’.
• Accept what cannot be changed
• Don’t compare yourself to others; embrace your own uniqueness, beauty and talents
• Learn to love and respect yourself
• Know what your values and beliefs are, and stand up for them and for yourself
• Celebrate your achievements and successes, even small ones
• Learn to become confident in who you are
If you need advice or support:
- Ask Dr Dick your questions here
- Get FREE face-to-face counselling at the TEN81 Centre in Pretoria (Book now on 012 430 3272)
- or get FREE telephonic counselling nationwide (0860 688 688)