“Everyone has a status; do you know yours?” – The Stigma Project
As the 1st of December was World Aids Day, here are some great reasons to get tested from OUT.
• Knowing your status gives you power; letting you make good decisions about your health.
• The sooner you start treatment the better: It’s free and you’ll be keeping the virus under control.
• You could add years to your life: HIV might be playing havoc with your health right now, without you knowing it.
• You could avoid getting sick: The effects of being HIV+ can take years to show and some people only find out when they start feeling terrible.
• Testing is easy, free and confidential. It only takes a few minutes and you’ll get support and help if you are HIV+.
If you need advice or support:
- Ask Dr Dick your questions here
- Get FREE face-to-face counselling in Pretoria (Book now on 012 430 3272)
- or FREE telephonic counselling nationwide (0860 688 688)