“Every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better.” – Steve Maraboli
This August, OUT focuses on how to handle rejection. Here are some helpful tips:
• Don’t take it personally: there are times in our lives when we are rejected simply because of timing.
• Think positively: think about all the times when you have said no to others as well.
• Pay attention and listen carefully to the reason for the rejection. This will tell you if you have a second chance or not.
• Be kind to yourself, since rejection is a disappointment. Use positive self-talk and encouragement.
• Know that everyone gets rejected. Try and try again.
If you need advice or support, please contact:
- Ask Dr Dick your questions here
- Get FREE face-to-face counselling in Pretoria (Book now on 012 430 3272)
- or FREE telephonic counselling nationwide (0860 688 688)