“The only proper way to eliminate bad habits is to replace them with good ones.” – Jerome Hines
This July OUT focuses on how to deal with bad habits. Here are some helpful tips:
• Remember: bad habits are usually caused by stress and boredom.
• Identify the bad habit and triggers that cause you to fall into the habit.
• Cut out as many triggers as you possibly can.
• Choose a substitute (good habit) for your bad habit and replace the bad one.
• Visualise yourself succeeding. Then practice.
• Get support and surround yourself with people who live the way you want to live.
If you need advice or support, please contact:
- Ask Dr Dick your questions here
- Get FREE face-to-face counselling in Pretoria (Book now on 012 430 3272)
- or FREE telephonic counselling nationwide (0860 688 688)