“Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
Here are some helpful tips on helping you to achieve happiness:
• Many people feel they need something (more money, better clothes, a relationship) to be happy. Wanting more is fine, but stop chasing and learn to relax and enjoy life in the present.
• Learn to enjoy every experience and every moment.
• Stop blaming others or circumstances for your problems, and ask what you can do to make it better.
• Take action.
• Be aware of unreasonable expectations. The difference between what we feel entitled to and what we actually get, is the source of much misery.
• Practice positive thinking and gratitude.
If you need advice or support:
- Ask Dr Dick your questions here
- or get FREE face-to-face counselling in Pretoria (Book now on 012 430 3272)
- or FREE telephonic counselling nationwide (0860 688 688)