If you're worried about a risky sexual encounter, then get PEP within 72 hours.
Here are some facts about PEP and how to use it.
• PEP is an anti-HIV drug.
• PEP is taken for 4 weeks (30 days).
• PEP should be taken within 72 hours of exposure.
• PEP should be taken exactly as prescribed.
• PEP has side-effects.
• PEP is not a fool proof form of HIV prevention.
• PEP is not a ‘morning-after’ pill.
• PEP should not replace other safer sex strategies.
For more advice or to get PEP contact OUT in Pretoria on 012 430 3272.