Depression is a serious and very real medical condition. It can affect all people from all walks of life and can be carried over from one generation to the next.
But, most importantly, it is treatable!
Symptoms of depression could include:
• feeling sad and empty most of the day;
• loss of interest in activities that used to be enjoyed;
• rapid weight changes;
• trouble sleeping/sleeping more than usual;
• loss of energy;
• feeling worthless/guilty;
• difficulty concentrating;
• recurrent thoughts of death and suicide.
If you feel that life is getting you down, ask for online help from Dr Dick here.
You can also get telephonic counselling on 0860 688 688 or schedule a face-to-face counselling session in Pretoria (book now on 012 430 3272).