Are you not feeling well? Worried that you might be infected with HIV?
Here are some possible signs or symptoms that could indicate that you are HIV positive.
- A fever for a month or longer.
- Loss of more than 10% of your body weight within a period of a month.
- Tiredness and fatigue.
- Nausea and vomiting for two weeks or longer.
- Persistent headaches.
- Prolonged swelling of the lymph nodes.
- Chronic muscle and joint pain.
- Diarrhoea for a month or longer.
These symptoms could indicate HIV infection but could also be signs of other health related issues, so consult a doctor.
It’s also very important to remember that you can be infected with HIV for a long time without showing any symptoms.
To be sure if you’re HIV positive and to ensure that you get early treatment to stay healthy, get tested regularly.
If you’re in the Gauteng area, call OUT in Hatfield, Pretoria on 012 430 3272 or phone Sediba Hope Medical Centre in central Pretoria on 087 940 7584/5 for free HIV testing and friendly sexual health services for guys who have sex with guys.