"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.” - Harvey Fierstein
June is international Pride Month, raising awareness and fighting against homophobia and transphobia. Here’s how you can contribute to your community:
• Learn the history of where and how Pride originated.
• Find out about the issues that affect LGBTI people in South Africa.
• Know the LGBTI organisations or groups in your area.
• Be aware of the work that these organisations or groups do.
• Think how you could contribute towards their work and take action.
Together we can strengthen the impact of these efforts.
• Attend events or dialogues about LGBTI issues in your community, and let your voice be heard.
• Surround yourself with other LGBTI people. You are not alone but part of a “family”.
If you need advice or support:
- Ask Dr Dick your questions here
- Get FREE face-to-face counselling at the TEN81 Centre in Pretoria (Book now on 066 190 5812)
- or get FREE telephonic counselling nationwide (066 190 5812)