“I really do think that putting expectations on a holiday is setting yourself up for failure” – Delilah
Many of us experience the holiday blues. Here are some tips to help you cope with the holiday season.
• Manage your expectations. The holidays will not magically transform your life; you will still have to do something to improve it
• Give back to the community. Spend time with people who need more than you do
• Stop comparing your life with the lives of others; don’t look at their Facebook or Instagram updates
• Spend time simply with significant people in your life
• Download inspirational podcasts and listen to them when you are alone
• Get outdoors. Take a walk or hike and let nature fill your senses
• Get creative or immerse yourself in art.
Tips courtesy of OUT's Ten81 Centre in Pretoria.